- (originally in Hinduism and Buddhism) a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation
- a statement or slogan repeated frequently.
- late 18th century: Sanskrit, literally ‘a thought, thought behind speech or action,’ from man- ‘think,’ related to mind.
I have a few different mantras that help motivate me through my days. I wear them literally on my wrist with my mantra bands.
- “Be the Change”. As an ambassador for my barre3 studio in Atlanta, I constantly remind myself to lead by example and be the change that I know others have within themselves. I also apply this mantra to my volunteer activities in supporting a number of different areas.
- “Be true. Be you. Be kind.” This applies not only to others but most importantly to myself. If I am true and kind to myself, I can be that and more to everyone around me.
- “Everything happens for a reason.” I have faced some serious uphill climbs in life and in my fitness journey but through it all, I’ve recognized that all the hills were for a reason and I’ve come out stronger on the other side.
- Finally, my barre3 bracelet. I wear it literally everyday (I think I’m on my 4th or 5th that have broken over the years) as a constant reminder of the strength within me. It reminds me to always keep my mind, body, spirit connection at the forefront of all that I do-both in and outside the studio.
I love having these constant reminders on a daily basis right on my wrist. The reminders are not only helpful but crucial to my success in my health and fitness journey but also in keeping me grounded in life no matter the experiences around me.
What are some of your favorite mantras?